<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Comment
Recipes
Editorials
The Bread Board
SunCoast ECO Report
Links
Naked Vegetarian
Contact
Google
WWW The Green Cutting Board

Monday, February 23, 2004

Nathalie Dupree’s Mississippi Caviar 

Back in the early 90s I was traveling a great deal for my employer. I had the pleasure one evening of enjoying dinner at Nathalie Dupree’s restaurant in Virginia. I was served an appetizer called Mississippi Caviar and was so taken by the rich flavors that I asked my server if I could possibly have the recipe. She came back a few moments later and presented me with a copy of Nathalie’s recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do and, guess what? It’s totally vegan. Nathalie has given us permission to post this recipe to The Green Cutting Board, so thank you Nathalie for allowing us to share this with everyone.

Ingredients
3 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
3/4 cup finely chopped hot peppers
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup drained, chopped pimento
1 garlic cloves, chopped
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt
Hot sauce
Tortilla chips
Preparation

Combine peas, bell peppers, hot peppers, onion, pimento and garlic. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil and mustard and pour over the bean mixture; mix well. Season to taste with salt and hot sauce. With a wooden spoon or potato masher, mash the bean mixture slightly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Drain the "caviar" well and serve with pita or tortilla chips.

Enjoy!

SEND THIS PAGE TO A FRIEND

Top of Page
Comments
Links
Recipes

 

Comments: Post a Comment
Site Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?